Thursday, June 16, 2005

Yesterday a sign stood where the coffee pot once stood:
The coffee pot has been realigned to the BFM cubicle. We have doughnuts!
This is good news on many levels.
1) Michael and Brandi are the BFM people. Michael is the one who realigned the coffee pot. Happily, I sit in the same cubicle as them.
2) Brandi brought doughnuts (from Krispy Kreme!) so that if anyone protested the realignment of the coffee pot, they could just say, we have doughnuts! It worked very well.
3) Now I need only cross my cubicle, where I am comfortable, to get coffee. No more walking across the office and risking running into people with whom I am not comfortable and having to talk to them.
4) Also, I can keep an eye on how full the coffee pot is, and thus avoid taking the last cup and having to refill it.
5) Yesterday, I think 2 people not from my cubicle came and got coffee. Today it was maybe 3. When Kelley gets back from vacation, we will have 4 coffee drinkers residing in this cubicle, 100% of us, and thus I feel that we deserve to claim ownership of the coffee pot.
6) This may, in fact, result in me filling the coffee pot more often, because I do feel guilty about never doing it. But this way when I can't figure out how the damn thing works, I'll only look stupid in front of Michael, Brandi, and Kelley, who are all friendly and have done their share of looking stupid in front of me, rather than in front of my boss and a bunch of people I don't know.
7) I'm happy about this development.

1 Comments:

Blogger katiemoo said...

That makes me sad. :(

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home