Sunday, January 29, 2006

Oh, so much going on today. First of all, there's this headline in the cnn.com sidebar: Hussein trial erupts in 'whore' insult, expulsions

Second, there's this mother and baby who were killed in Boston, Rachel and Lilian Entwistle.
Is this child not the yelling emoticon from AIM?

Third, I finished watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers this morning. That was hands down the most offensive movie I've ever seen in my life. It sucked, for one thing, which a bunch of lame songs and only one good dancing scene. But the song Debbie told me about which caused me to need to see the movie is Sobbin' Women, where the men plot in song to kidnap a bunch of women to take as brides, like the Romans took the Sabine women, and how they'll be all upset about it at first, but then they'll come around to the idea. But the thing is, this plan actually works. I mean, this movie was made in 1954, but even back then I feel that people should have universally understood that abducting women is not charming, you know? Anyway, Julie Newmar and Russ Tamblyn were in it, so that's cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hank said...

Clearly, Julie Newmar was the best Cat Woman. Meow.

Didn't Monty Python have a skit sending up 7Bf7B? I think so.

12:27 PM  
Blogger lydia said...

Zack says that 7 Brides for 7 Bros was really boring and the music was bad. Also he says, that musicals are kind of boring anyway, if you're him. But most importantly, he says, "Strong words from a stalker."

I want a pair of feather earrings!!!!!!!!

I WILL SCARE BIRDIE MYSELF IF I HAVE TO.

9:59 PM  
Blogger katiemoo said...

He's right about 7Bf7B, and I usually like musicals. Also, it makes me giddy that he remembers me! Now I'm going to go look at the pictures I secretly took of him working at Starbucks.

And you're officially first on the waitlist for a pair of authentic Cohen earrings. He is due for a wing clipping. But I make no promises, and you have to be nice to him and buy him presents afterwards.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You uploaded the song. Awesome.
I'm listening to it right now at work.
It's such a wrongwrongwrong movie with such a great dance sequence.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home