Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Back from Stitches West 2006, and now have many more things I want to do that I don't have time for. Got some hot pink ribbon yarn I want to make a shirt out of, maybe this one (but I'm still open to suggestions). Also got a whole bunch of roving, as I learned how to knit with roving without spinning it, so I'm excited about that. But most importantly, I met a woman who will spin Sweet Pea's fur into yarn, so that is just incredibly cool.

Northern California was beautiful and cold, as always. Here are some of the beautiful snow-capped mountains surrounding Silicon Valley.


But wait! NorCal has *nothing* on the snow! So I'm driving and driving and driving through the central valley, and then get into the mountains on the northern edge of LA County, and as I'm approaching the Tejon pass, I turn a curve and think, wow, the snow on those mountains is a lot lower than it was two days ago. And then it started raining lightly, and I thought, wow, that rain is coming horizontally but it's not that windy. And then I stopped at a rest stop and realized, OMG! It's snowing! Whee! You can't see the snow in the picture, obviously, but trust me, it's there. And then I drove for another hour into the San Fernando Valley where it was 60 and sunny, so that was nice too.
Posted by Picasa

PS: Google is curling today!

6 Comments:

Blogger lydia said...

hmm... I *kind of* like the tank top pattern, but I'm not in love with it. What's the yardage and recommeded needle size for the ribbon yarn?

10:20 PM  
Blogger katiemoo said...

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at with it. Um, the label is in German, but I think it says it's 70m, 6.0-7.0 needles. It gauged perfectly for that pattern (12 sts/18 rows=4 in) with 11 needles.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Hank said...

No, no, girlfriend... what are you thinking? I don't know where to begin.

That pattern is just so not there. A top like that should, at *minimum*, has 24 rows per 4 inches.

And working with ribbon yarn with such needle sizes?! I'd think that a 50M 5.0 needle would do the job much better, but maybe that's just me.

9:21 AM  
Blogger katiemoo said...

Wouldn't 50 meter long needles be just a tad bit unwieldy? Mmm?

4:56 PM  
Blogger lydia said...

I thought his name was "Hnak"?

I have this book, so if any of these patterns appeal to you, let me know:

http://www.theknittinggarden.com/ro-mag-r2.htm

10:38 PM  
Blogger katiemoo said...

It is. He's not a very good speller.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home